[winswitch] Xpra - Incorrect window position info

Ali Sadat sadatakhavi.ali at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 20:59:34 GMT 2017

Hi,

I am using Xpra as a part of one of my projects; and there is a requirement
of identifying the current position of active Xpra windows on screen.

I am using a power-shell script to pull out the application positions based
on thier PID.

It works successfully for all programs, except Xpra.

All Xpra window locations are reported as following:
                           "Top_Left_Cornr_Y":  -80,
                           "cmd":  "\"C:\\Program Files
(x86)\\Xpra\\Xpra.exe\"    attach tcp:192.168.134.10:2224",
                           "pid":  6928,
                           "Win_Size_Y":  88,
                           "Win_Size_X":  88,
                           "Top_Left_Cornr":  -80

I am using line below to get the PID of an application instance:
                        $process_data_var = (Get-CimInstance Win32_Process
| where Name -match Xpra) | where CommandLine -match 192.168.134.10:

And the following PS script to identify the location of App on the screen:
                         https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/
Get-the-position-of-a-c91a5f1f

It is becoming an urgent issue and I highly appreciate if someone could
help me and point me towards the right direction.

Thanks
Ali

Ali Sadat

This email and any attachments contain confidential information intended
only for the person named above and may be subject to legal privilege. If
you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying or use of this
information is strictly prohibited. The sender provides no guarantee that
this communication is free of virus or that it has not been intercepted or
interfered with. If you have received this email in error or have any other
concerns regarding its transmission, please notify Ali.Sadat at ieee.org