[winswitch] Xpra running Wireshark in Docker container

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Thu Oct 12 09:05:51 BST 2017

On 12/10/17 12:40, Feldhaus, Florian wrote:
> Hi Antoine,
>
> thanks for rebuilding it for Debian stretch. Unfortunately the ffmpeg-xpra package is still required.
Please post the exact packaging diagnostic messages.

> I think you missed to remove it from the Build-Depends section in the Debian Control file:
>
> Source: xpra
> Section: x11
> Maintainer: Antoine Martin <antoine at devloop.org.uk>
> Build-Depends: debhelper (>= 8)
>               ,cython (>= 0.23)
>               ,ffmpeg-xpra
>
> Can you have check if removing it from the Build-Depends is possible and then rebuild the Debian packages?
We can't remove the build time dependency, as it is really needed.

If the binary packages generated still somehow have a dependency on
ffmpeg-xpra (or was it the .so libraries themselves?), we may need to
either add more dh_shlibdeps overrides or split the codecs into their
own package.

Not sure I'll have much to investigate either option in the near future,
but you can easily do this yourself by following:
http://xpra.org/trac/wiki/Building/Debian
(some tweaking may be required)