[winswitch] Virtualbox Vm access

Randy thejunk.b at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 02:03:34 BST 2017

Thanks Again.

(snip)
> To debug this, I would start a plain xpra session without winswitch and
> connect from the macos system, then gradually make things more
> complicated until something breaks. ie:
> * forward just an xterm via xpra
> * start libreoffice
> * start virtualbox
> * add winswitch into the mix
(snip)

After some reboots and playing with the settings I have most of it working
now. Even through winswitch.

The only thing that is not working yet is the virtualbox vm.  I am assuming
that xpra is used to start the vm but  I have no idea what the command should
be.

Something like

xpra start ssh:SERVERHOSTNAME --start-child=VBoxManage startvm "VM name" --
type headless

But I am getting this error

$ xpra start ssh:SERVERHOSTNAME --start-child=VBoxManage startvm win7pro64 --
type headless
InitException: no such option: --type
xpra initialization error:
 no such option: --type

I have tried " " a couple of different ways but no joy.

Thanks

--
If it ain't broke tweek it