[winswitch] EXT :Re: Xpra "open sessions"

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Sat Aug 11 09:27:58 BST 2018

On 10/08/18 23:49, Lemings, Brad [US] (MS) wrote:
> Antoine,
>
> Thanks for the hasty response!
>
> One problem that I'm running into is that no matter what command-line options or configuration files that I use or for 'xpra start', it always seems to look in or try write to the ~/.xpra directory.  How do I force Xpra to always use an explicit directory path instead of ~/.xpra?
for v1.x and using /tmp instead of ~/.xpra, try:
XPRA_SOCKET_DIRS=/tmp XPRA_LOG_DIRS=/tmp XPRA_USER_CONF_DIRS=/tmp xpra..
(untested)

FYI: version 2.4 no longer writes anything in ~/.xpra
It still reads configuration files from there if there are any, for
backwards compatibility. For more details see:
https://xpra.org/trac/ticket/1723

> On a side note, I'm stuck with RHEL 6 thus the reason for using Xpra 1.x.  If anyone has managed to port Xpra 2 to CentOS/RHEL 6 platforms, I'd like to know about it!
IMO, that would be too much work to maintain.
A lot of backwards compatibility code has been removed in Xpra 2.x (ie:
Python 2.6)
The same thing will happen with 3.0 for Python 2.x