[winswitch] Is there a guide for configuring xpra to work as an Nginx proxy and SSL as well?

vfclists . vfclists at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 18:20:42 GMT 2018

I configure wetty ,  https://github.com/krishnasrinivas/wetty, to run
behind an nginx frontend, and the nginx settings for running wetty as an
upstream proxy looks like this. I also tried guacamole and the setting
where similar.

   location /wetty {

       if ($scheme = 'http') {
           rewrite ^ https://$http_host$request_uri? permanent;
       }
       proxy_pass http://127.0.0.1:3111/wetty;
       proxy_http_version 1.1;
       proxy_set_header Upgrade $http_upgrade;
       proxy_set_header Connection "upgrade";
       proxy_read_timeout 43200000;

       proxy_set_header Host $http_host;
       proxy_set_header X-NginX-Proxy true;
   }

I am not quite sure what a lot of the settings do, but it has worked well
so far.

My assumption is that if xpra uses has a  '--bind-tcp=0.0.0.0:44440', the
nginx proxy would have the 'proxy_pass http://127.0.0.1:44440'. I don't see
the need to add an SSL option to the xpra command as nginx will be handling
the SSL, but a password may be needed for the user, which has an option for
it in the HHML interface

Does anyone have a sample nginx config for xpra?

Am I generally on the right path?.
--
Frank Church