[winswitch] Windows Server app forward to Linux Client: How-to?

mark markd89 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 20 16:32:38 GMT 2018

Hi All,

I run Debian/Gnome as my desktop and have Windows 7 running in a VM.

I would like to forward an application from the VM to interact with it in Debian.

I downloaded Xpra and played with it, but don't seem to understand the right command line to start the server on the Windows side. If someone could give me an example, maybe on how to forward Notepad to the Linux side, that would be super-helpful?

I did also look at Winswitch but haven't tried yet. Should I be using that instead of Xpra for my situation?

Thanks much!
Mark