[winswitch] How to install local unprivileged Xpra server?

Ben Mishkanian FusionGate200 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 24 05:47:45 GMT 2018

Hi,

I am trying to build and install from source an Xpra 2.2.3 server as an unprivileged user on CentOS 7. I ran setup.py and it seems to complete fine, although it prints a bunch of brotli errors saying it failed to minify various files. In any case it produces the xpra binary, but when I run `xpra -h` it says (This xpra installation does not support starting local servers.) How can I find out why it can't start local servers? setup.py showed that the "server" build switch is set to "Y".

Thank you,

Ben