[winswitch] Modal Window

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Tue Jul 3 14:46:41 BST 2018

On 03/07/18 20:21, Pierre Wulles via shifter-users wrote:
> Hello,
> I need xpra for screen forwarding software that use the framework Qt, but
> it appears that modal window are not treated as modal window, you can move
> them wherever you want. So I was wondering if you are aware of bugs that
> might appear while using Qt with xpra and if this bug was known of you.
This is a known issue: most desktop environments do not allow xpra to
set a modal window for a group of windows, only for all the windows it
forwards at once, so xpra does not honour modal windows to prevent one
window from standing in the way of other windows which may not be related.

If you feel strongly about this, feel free to create a ticket so we can
at least add an option that will allow you to override this behaviour.