[winswitch] Proxy

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Tue Jul 17 11:09:06 BST 2018

On 16/07/18 16:45, Pierre Wulles via shifter-users wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm trying to use xpra with a proxy but I have an error when I try to
> connect: https://justpaste.it/5clwy
I hope this paste never times out.

In any case, here are the most noteworthy excerpts:
> Warning: missing sound module
This points towards a custom installation where you installed individual
packages rather than just "yum install xpra". This is not a problem in
itself, but worth mentioning. For more guidance see:
http://xpra.org/trac/wiki/ReportingBugs

> Xpra gtk2 client version 2.4-r19930 64-bit
This is a beta build. It should work, but you may want to try the stable
release when you hit problems.

> server failure: disconnected before the session could be established
> server requested disconnect: session not found error (no sessions found)
There could be a number of reasons for this error.
You need to make sure the session exists, with "xpra list" for example.
If it does, then you need to figure out why the proxy can't find it.
You may want to run the proxy with "-d proxy" to get more debug log
messages.

> I did:
> xpra start :100 --start=xterm
> xpra proxy :100 --auth=allow --bind-tcp=127.0.0.1:14501
Don't use the same display number for the proxy and the start command.
Also, make sure to post the output from those server commands, either by
running with --daemon=no or by pasting the log file.

> xpra attach tcp://foo:bar@127.0.0.1:14501/100
>
> It is probably some little mistake but I can't figure it out what.
> Thank you in advance,
Always keep an eye on the server log files when debugging things.
The answer is usually there.