[winswitch] [xpra] HTML5 client: open link clicked on remote machine in local browser

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Wed May 30 17:10:57 BST 2018

>> > I would like to have those links to open on my local browser where I am
>> > running the xpra HTML5 client.
>> > Is there a way to do this?
>> Yes, see:
>> https://xpra.org/trac/ticket/1726#comment:2
>
> Thanks! I tried it but I can not make it work.
>
> I typed
>
> $ xdg-open https://www.google.com
>
> in a xterm window running on the remote machine, accessed via the HTML5
> xpra client running in Chromium on my local PC.
> Apparently nothing happened, but looking at the logs on the remote
> machine I found this
>
> 2018-05-30 11:59:48,465 New unix-domain connection received on
> /home/jovyan/.xpra/b58813db02a7-0
> 2018-05-30 11:59:48,466 Warning: remote end does not accept URLs
>
> How can I add the open-url=yes option to the HTML5 client?
Sorry, I completely missed the part where you had said that you wanted
to use the HTML5 client for this.
This feature had only been implemented in the python client until now.
For the HTML5 client, please try:
https://xpra.org/trac/ticket/1862#comment:2
And add comments there.

> I started xpra with the following command
> $ xpra start \
> --daemon=no \
> --bind-tcp=0.0.0.0:8888 <http://0.0.0.0:8888> \
> --html=on \
> --ssl=off \
> --bandwidth-limit=500kbps \
> --bell=no \
> --pulseaudio=no \
> --webcam=no \
> --mdns=no \
> --system-tray=no \
> --clipboard-direction=both \
> --file-transfer=yes \
> --forward-xdg-open=yes \
> --start=xterm \
> --xvfb="Xvfb -dpi 96 -noreset -nolisten tcp +extension GLX +extension
> RANDR +extension RENDER +extension Composite -screen 0 1600x900x24+32"
If you are using this switch to use a specific initial resolution, there
are easier ways, see:
http://xpra.org/trac/ticket/1132#comment:1

> I run a reverse proxy with TLS termination in front of xpra.
I hope the proxy is fast. The websocket connections degrade pretty
quickly when any measurable latency is added.

> I run xpra v2.3-r19255 since I can not install the latest version.
> Whenever I try to do an "apt-get update" I get:
>
> W: GPG error: http://winswitch.org artful Release: The following
> signatures were invalid: BADSIG 18ADB31CF18AD6BB Antoine Martin
> <antoine at nagafix.co.uk <mailto:antoine at nagafix.co.uk>>
> E: The repository 'http://winswitch.org artful Release' is not signed.
> W: GPG error: https://xpra.org artful Release: The following signatures
> were invalid: BADSIG 18ADB31CF18AD6BB Antoine Martin
> <antoine at nagafix.co.uk <mailto:antoine at nagafix.co.uk>>
> E: The repository 'https://xpra.org artful Release' is not signed.
>
> I tried both repositories alone, together, with http, with https...
> I also tried adding the updated keys using all solutions provided here:
> https://winswitch.org/trac/ticket/304
> and here:
> http://lists.devloop.org.uk/pipermail/shifter-users/2018-May/002122.html
>
> Any suggestion?
Oops sorry. I overwrote the GPG key with the old one by mistake, and
half the repositories still had the old Release file.. So much fail.
Try again and things should just work.