[winswitch] [xpra] HTML5 client: open link clicked on remote machine in local browser

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Thu May 31 12:26:23 BST 2018

On 31/05/18 04:34, Matteo Ipri wrote:
> PS: maybe some of my replies/questions are out of topic. Where is the
> best place to make such discussions?
They're all related to xpra so this is the right place.

(snip)
>> > I started xpra with the following command
>> > $ xpra start \
>> > --daemon=no \
>> > --bind-tcp=0.0.0.0:8888 <http://0.0.0.0:8888> <http://0.0.0.0:8888> \
>> > --html=on \
>> > --ssl=off \
>> > --bandwidth-limit=500kbps \
>> > --bell=no \
>> > --pulseaudio=no \
>> > --webcam=no \
>> > --mdns=no \
>> > --system-tray=no \
>> > --clipboard-direction=both \
>> > --file-transfer=yes \
>> > --forward-xdg-open=yes \
>> > --start=xterm \
>> > --xvfb="Xvfb -dpi 96 -noreset -nolisten tcp +extension GLX +extension
>> > RANDR +extension RENDER +extension Composite -screen 0 1600x900x24+32"
>> If you are using this switch to use a specific initial resolution, there
>> are easier ways, see:
>> http://xpra.org/trac/ticket/1132#comment:1
>
> Thanks for the tip!
> Yes, I need to specify the initial resolution, otherwise windows of
> launched apps are waaaay too big.
The vfb size will be adjusted when the client connects.
You can wait until that point to start the apps, then they will use the
correct vfb size. See --start-after-connect=yourapp

> I'll try the solution with environment variable.
> (XPRA_DEFAULT_VFB_RESOLUTION=1600x900)
> I also used that switch because I understood from the wiki that I have
> to use that switch to benefit of the pros of Xdummy, but maybe I got it
> wrong...
Yes you did: you're not using Xdummy if you specify --xvfb=Xvfb ...
You will be using Xvfb!
The default Ubuntu 17.10 installation should be using Xdummy already out
of the box, without needing to modify anything.