[winswitch] OpenGL Setup Failure

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Fri Oct 12 11:40:31 BST 2018

On 30/09/18 03:14, Bob Babcock wrote:
> Antoine Martin via shifter-users wrote:
>> Is there a particular reason why you're using the 32-bit version?
>> We are planning on dropping 32-bit support after the next LTS release.
>
> I've got a cheap ($99) 32-bit laptop running Windows 8.1 that I use when
> traveling.  It's slow, but typical hotel internet connections are even
> slower.  I installed the same version on my desktop for consistency.
> (Just now I replaced it with the 64-bit beta.)  Side note: on this
> laptop, xpra 2.3.4 initially failed (missing dll) because it needed a
> visual c++ runtime.  Easy to fix, but shouldn't the installer detect
> this dependency and send you off to Microsoft to get the runtime?
I have just tried the 2.3.4 installer on a clean 64-bit MS Windows 10
virtual machine and did not get any warnings or errors related to
missing DLLs.

The Xpra 2.x series switched to native builds thanks to MSYS2. This
doesn't use MSVC for building anything so I don't understand why you
would need the VC runtime.

Can you please create a ticket or post the information that would allow
us to fix this problem? (things like the full OS version and patch
level, installer filename, full error message, etc)

>> FYI: you are specifying the ssh port twice, I'm not sure which one will
>> take precedence, but specifying it once in the connection string ought
>> to be enough.
>
> I remember lots of fiddling to get a command line that worked.  One
> complication is that I use a non-standard ssh port when coming in from
> the outside world, so any changes have to be tested both locally and
> remotely.
No fiddling should be necessary. For using a non-standard ssh port like
2222, simply use:
xpra attach ssh://HOST:2222/