[winswitch] OpenGL Setup Failure

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Sat Sep 29 09:12:05 BST 2018

On 29/09/2018 12:08, Bob Babcock via shifter-users wrote:
> When I connect from Windows 7 to Linux with Xpra, I get a graphical popup:
>
> OpenGL Setup Failure
> constructFunction() got an unexpected keyword argument 'force_extension'
You're hitting this issue from the PyOpenGL project:
https://github.com/mcfletch/pyopengl/issues/15

I had updated PyOpenGL on the MS Windows build systems (this was only
mandatory for the Python 3 builds) without realizing that this broke
something in the Python 2 builds. Thanks for pointing that out.

> This doesn't seem to break anything.  I suspect it means I need to
> update something on the Linux side, but I don't know what.
It means that your client will be running without OpenGL acceleration,
which will make it slower.

> Windows side is Xpra 2.3.4 or 2.4-r20214 beta (32-bit)
> (Windows version 2.1.1.0 does not trigger this message)
Is there a particular reason why you're using the 32-bit version?
We are planning on dropping 32-bit support after the next LTS release.

(..)
> A windows bat file sets various environment variables, then starts xpra
> with the line:
>
>    start xpra start --start-child="xterm -xrm
> XTerm.vt100.allowTitleOps:false
>    -title %username%@%host%:%display%" --speaker=off --ssh="plink -ssh
> -agent
>    -P %port%" ssh/%username%@%host%:%port%/%display%
FYI: you are specifying the ssh port twice, I'm not sure which one will
take precedence, but specifying it once in the connection string ought
to be enough.

> Any suggestions?  Thanks.
I've uploaded newer builds for both 2.3.4 and 2.4 beta, those include
the correct version of PyOpenGL and should fix this problem.