[winswitch] [xpra] How can I enable the av-sync option on the Xpra server?

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Thu Dec 12 10:49:29 GMT 2019

On 12/12/2019 17:29, Ogata Yuki via shifter-users wrote:
> Hi there
> I set up Ubuntu Server 16.04 environment with Windows Virtualbox and installed Xpra dependency library.
> Then I installed Xpra v3.0.2 but I can't enable the av-sync option ...
>
> When connecting from another PC Xpra client with --debug = av-sync option
> Server = False, Client = True was output.
>
> Are there any solutions or good ideas?
I believe this particular bug was fixed a while back.

My guess is that you're using the xpra package from the Ubuntu
repositories. Those are old, unmaintained and always buggy as hell.

Use the packages from xpra.org and things should work:
https://xpra.org/trac/wiki/Download
If not, please file a ticket.