[winswitch] Xpra 3.0 Windows very slow ssh login

Bob Babcock wssddc at wssddc.com
Wed Oct 2 06:31:10 BST 2019

Antoine Martin via shifter-users wrote:
> In the meantime, you can switch to plink instead of the paramiko backend:

Confirmed, on Windows 7 I see no hangup at the ssh login dialog when using plink
and xpra 3.0.0.0.

> The stable repository actually has 3.0 proper, which is very slightly newer
> than this.
> You should always add both stable and beta repositories, as the beta one is
> only a supplemental one, which may or may not have packages in it.

I'm not ready to experiment with version 4 yet, so I disabled the beta
repository, uninstalled *xpra* and reinstalled.  That does indeed give a
slightly newer 3.0.  As I recall, I added the beta repo a while back to fix some
problem or conflict with updating.  I forget the details, but there's no problem
today.

Thanks.