[shifter-users] [synergy-plus] Shifter + Synergy could be awesome

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Sun Jun 27 19:32:45 BST 2010

On 06/27/2010 09:56 PM, Nick Bolton wrote:
> Might be interesting to see if we can easily "fuse" the applications
> together, or maybe create a plugin. I believe we might need to use IPC
> to communicate between the two. The functionality should certainly be
> optional.
Absolutely, there is no guarantee that either end will run the shifter
client, or that they support the required protocol (NX, VNC, xpra,...)

I don't see any major difficulty coming from this end: the client
already listens on a local socket (named pipe on win32) so that it can
receive commands from file managers and such.
If synergy+ can pass the pid of the process owning the window being
moved around then it should be easy, otherwise a bit harder.

Where would I look for documentation on writing plugins?

Antoine