[shifter-users] ImportError: No module named shifter.applet_wrapper

Daniel Lewis djlewis78 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 05:55:16 BST 2010

hi all,

I have tried installing and running shifter in debian squeeze using
the repository and running the app but no matter what
/usr/bin/shifter* file i run i get these errors

myshell$ shifter_applet --log_to_tty --debug-imports

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/shifter_applet", line 3, in <module>
    import shifter.applet_wrapper
ImportError: No module named shifter.applet_wrapper

myshell$ /usr/bin/shifter_server
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/shifter_server", line 3, in <module>
    from shifter import server_wrapper
ImportError: No module named shifter

I think this is a python library lookup issue but i am not a python
expert and would appreciate some idea of what i need to do to remedy
this:)

I have installed all the libraries suggested in the shifter source
section just in case there were some missing in the deb conf file, I
also went to xpra's website and made sure that the library
requirements were also included. The only other mention that i can
make is that i have made my squeeze build minimal and added things as
needed.

Kind regards,
Daniel