[winswitch] Using Xpra on multi-GPU laptops

Eric Appleman erappleman at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 05:11:34 BST 2011

Hi, I've been fiddling around with Xpra as a replacement to the
Bumblebee Project's[1] VirtualGL backend. Bumblebee permits access to
the Nvidia GPU on Optimus laptops. By using the X server it creates, we
can start applications on the invisible Nvidia screen.

I want Xpra to replace VirtualGL as the transport method, but I need the
screen to display at a normal framerate.

I've included a demonstration that compares rendering through Xpra and
without it. Feel free to drop by #bumblebee-dev on Freenode if you have
ideas or questions.

Thanks.

- Eric

[1] https://github.com/Bumblebee-Project/Bumblebee