[winswitch] [ANNOUNCE] xpra 0.3.5 / xpra 0.4.1 / xpra 0.5.0-beta1

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Wed Aug 1 18:31:53 BST 2012

On 08/02/2012 12:26 AM, Neal Becker wrote:
> xpra-0.5.0 fails on fedora f17
>
> Built from srpm
>
> Fails to start:
>

> pra start --no-daemon :100
> No handlers could be found for logger "xpra.protocol"
>
> Fatal server error:
> The '-logfile' option cannot be used with elevated privileges.
This is a packaging issue which I will have to iron out before release
(it's not easy unfortunately - distro packaging really is a curse).

In the meantime:
cp /usr/bin/Xorg /usr/local/bin/Xorg
And use /usr/local/bin/Xorg in /etc/xpra/xpra.conf for the xvfb option.

Any suggestions on how to obtain a non-suid Xorg binary from the
installed suid one would be most welcome.