[winswitch] Can't connect from windows

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Thu Jul 12 14:38:29 BST 2012

On 12/07/12 19:45, Sylvain Archenault wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I built xpra 0.3.3 on one of my linux server, and it seems to work
> correcly. I also installed the last version of WinSwitch on my windows
> desktop.
What version of winswitch is installed on the server and how did you
install it?

> The problem is that I can't connect to my server. I'm using a SSH key
> to connect to the server, it works fine with putty. But WinSwitch is
> unable to establish the connection. here is the log from applet.log
(snip)

> [II] 2012/12/07 08:42:55 ConchUserAuth.getPublicKey() agentKeyIndex=0,
> 0 agentKeys
Normal, ssh agent is not supported on win32. (totally undocumented)

> [II] 2012/12/07 08:42:55 ConchUserAuth.getPublicKey() testing public_key=
Hah, looks like the public key to use is not set!?

> [II] 2012/12/07 08:42:55
> ConchUserAuth._cbUserauthFailure(False,<listiterator object at
> 0x01F41890>) attempts=0
The counter never seems to increase, which is odd.

> ConchStdioRemoteClientLinkFactory.clientConnectionLost(<twisted.internet.tcp.Connector
> instance at 0x0212F828>,[Failure instance: Traceback (failure with no
> frames): <class 'twisted.internet.error.ConnectionDone'>: Connection
> was closed cleanly.\n])
Well, at this point it tried all it could and gives up...

> A few months ago, I was able to make it work with xpra 0.1 on a
> different server, but using the same connection setup.
I have to admit that I don't test ssh keys support on win32 much, I'll
have to try to see if I can reproduce.

> Do you know what could be wrong ?
Hmm, apart from the ssh public key not being set for this server no.
But I suspect you have probably double checked that already..
I've created a ticket to keep track of this:
https://winswitch.org/trac/ticket/206
Feel free to add any details there.