[winswitch] Specifying xmodmap settings (in a file)

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Thu Jun 7 08:32:00 BST 2012

On 06/06/2012 11:27 PM, Alexey Loginov wrote:
> Okay, thanks for clarifying things!
>
> I'm still a bit confused by the fact that my problem is very similar
> to what was discussed in xpra.org/trac/ticket/50 (it talks about a
> hack to wrap modifier setting in clear/add context).  There, it was
> noted that xpra.org/trac/changeset/325 provides a better fix (reading
> actual "xmodmap -pm" settings instead of hardcoding modifier
> settings).
This bug is very old, and the keyboard code has been re-worked since.
So I am afraid that this won't help.

> All I really care about is the use of the Mac Alt keys (just the left
> one would be good enough) as Meta.  The clear/keycode/add sequence is
> simply following the standard incantation that's recommended in
> various xmodmap discussions and man pages.
Xpra no longer uses xmodmap (which requires X11) on OSX.
So this would not work.

> Perhaps, I'll try the xpra/xposix/gui.py patch from
> xpra.org/trac/ticket/50 (with appropriate modifier changes) to see if
> that's enough.
Things have changed so much that you will not be able to apply it.
Please see:
http://xpra.org/trac/ticket/134#comment:2
Where I have added some details.