[winswitch] xpra and the letter A

Troy Cauble troycauble at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 22:15:25 BST 2012

Just for fun I ssh'd to my server and ran 'xpra attach :100' locally
and back through my ssh tunnel.
The letter A/a worked on that.  But when I backspaced to my prompt
(which I think would cause a BELL),
xpra attach died with

$ xpra attach :100
Xlib:  extension "RANDR" missing on display "localhost:12.0".
cannot import dbus.glib notification wrapper:
org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name
org.freedesktop.Notifications was not provided by any .service files
mmap enabled using /tmp/xpra.k81xUq.mmap
disabling compression
Attached (press Control-C to detach)
The program 'xpra' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'XkbBadKeyboard'.
  (Details: serial 807 error_code 143 request_code 140 minor_code 3)