[winswitch] xpra using cygwin ssh

kristof.ralovich at gmail.com kristof.ralovich at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 15:08:17 BST 2013

Dear All,

I'm using xpra with great satisfaction. Recently I bumped into a issue
while trying to attach to a server from a client behind a proxy. I've set
up cygwin, ssh and connect-proxy to work hand-in-hand, for command line
communication this pipeline is functional. Now, I would also like to use
this working ssh setup for xpra too. To this end, I've changed this line

ssh = c:/cygwin/bin/ssh.exe

in c:\Program Files (x86)\Xpra\xpra.conf to point ssh to cygwin's. Then
running Xpra_cmd.exe from a cygwin shell produced the output below:

user at laptop /cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Xpra
$ ./Xpra_cmd.exe attach ssh:user at example.com:1001
** Message: pygobject_register_sinkfunc is deprecated (GstObject)
xpra client version 0.8.8
cannot read using ['c:/cygwin/bin/ssh.exe', '-l', 'user', '-T', 'example.com',
'-ssh', '-agent', '.xpra/run-xpra', '--socket-dir=~/.xpra', '_proxy',
':1001']: the SSH process has terminated with exit code=255
2013-04-23 15:03:08,441 connection closed after 0 packets received (0
bytes) and 0 packets sent (0 bytes)
Exception in thread format (most likely raised during interpreter shutdown):

Is there a way to print the output of ssh for debugging? Or any hints that
I should consider?

Thanks in advance,
Kristof