[winswitch] minimum bandwidth where xpra still stays usable?

Timo Juhani Lindfors timo.lindfors at iki.fi
Thu Jul 11 10:16:56 BST 2013

Hi,

I normally use xpra either over 100 Mbps ethernet or 10 Mbps/10 Mbps
VDSL2. However, last weekend I tested it over 2 Mbps / 512 kbps cable
modem (I was accessing my home machine over it when the VDSL2 was
down). I found it to be unusable for even gnome-terminal usage. System
monitor showed that bandwidth usage was peaking at 512 kbps for 8-15
seconds when I for example run a command in the terminal.

What are your experiences?

I think I used to be able to cope with this with "--encoding jpeg
--quality 15" in the past but this is no longer supported in xpra.

-Timo