[winswitch] Ubuntu 13.04 as host - permission problems on xpra start

Stephen Gutknecht (hilltx) stephen at hilltx.com
Tue May 7 17:14:43 BST 2013

I'm going to try to keep this simple ;) I didn't have any of these
problems with numerous Ubuntu 12.10 hosts... but clean installs of
Ubuntu 13.04 x64 are giving me problems.

xpera start on the host runs into various permission issues:

1. /dev/tty0 permission problem. A hacky chmod gets past that.
2. /dev/tty8 permission problem. A hacky chmod gets past that.
3. xf86EnableIOPorts permission problems

I'm trying xpra v0.10.0

Anyone able to get this working on Ubuntu 13.04?

Thank you.