[winswitch] auto-reconnect

Martin Ebourne lists at ebourne.me.uk
Tue May 28 11:42:12 BST 2013

I was wondering if auto-reconnect is possible or has been considered for
xpra?

At the moment if the connection pauses for any reason the windows get
greyed with spinners on. If the connection comes back quickly they
recover but if it drops for a while (like an ADSL router restarting the
link) then all of the windows get lost.

It would be great if xpra could recover from long dropouts, and also
from other similar situations such as suspending the client machine for
a few hours. Is it possible the client could re-initiate the ssh
connection and restart automatically if the connection fails? Even
better if it could do that and restore all of the windows without them
going away or moving.

Thanks Antoine for all your work on xpra, it's getting better every
time. The newish remembering of which virtual desktops windows are on is
working great for me and helps a lot as I have many windows.

Cheers,
Martin