[winswitch] [Spice-devel] Use spice to show individual X clients like xpra does?

Alon Levy alevy at redhat.com
Mon Sep 9 19:16:52 BST 2013

> Hi

See http://xpra.org/trac/browser/xpra/trunk/src/README
I have to confess I used it some time in the past and completely forgot about it, thanks for bringing it up!
It is of course X specific, it uses Xvfb and becomes a compositing manager on top of it, and instead of compositing forwards the images to the remote X server, and also acts as a window manager deferring all app requests to the remote window manager on the client X. I haven't looked at the protocol, or copy paste support, or audio, which at this point Xspice supports. It should be easy to use the compositing manager + window manager bits (not sure about language). And teach the client of course to implement them too. Any takers?