[winswitch] Terminal emulators with 0.12.19 update

Nick Burrett nick at sqrt.co.uk
Wed Sep 25 11:24:48 BST 2013

In my experience, the encodings that I find to work the best are: PNG,
PNG/P and PNG/L.  PNG I use on a local GigE LAN.  PNG/L and PNG/P with
compression level 9. I use for emacs/PyCharm/gnome-terminal where my
client is in Ireland and the server is in North Sweden (50-60ms away).
 x264 appears to have a higher encoding latency and tends to make
screen updates jumpy.  My server has 24 CPUs and the client 4 CPUs, so
there should be enough CPU capacity to encode at a decent rate, if
threaded sufficiently.