[winswitch] [ANNOUNCE] xpra 0.11.0 (new major release)
antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Mon Jan 20 11:53:53 GMT 2014
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
This new major release brings a number of new exciting and exclusive
* NVENC support for hardware accelerated h264 encoding on Nvidia
cards, this can compress video frames much faster than your CPU ever will:
which means that screen updates can get to your client very quickly:
xpra is the first open source software to support NVENC.
* Support for OpenCL and CUDA acceleration of colourspace conversion:
* Proxy mode for serving multiple sessions through a single TCP port:
* Support for sharing a TCP port with a server: "--tcp-proxy=HOST:PORT"
Non-xpra traffic will be forwarded to the target of your choice, which
can be very useful for serving both HTTP and xpra from the same port.
* New and extensible authentication mechanisms:
* mDNS support: your xpra sessions will be advertised unless you
specify the switch "--no-mdns"
* support for transparency with OpenGL windows and with 8-bit PNG modes
* "remote shadow start" so you can clone an existing remote X11
display to your desktop in one command: "xpra shadow ssh:HOST:0"
* Support for faster lz4 compression and a Cython bencoder:
which can make a significant improvement in latency with RGB encoding:
* ffmpeg and libav are no longer required for vpx and x264 support, as
we ship a (slower) fallback module.
* improved system tray support and native integration
* stricter and safer value parsing
* more detailed status information via UI and "xpra info"
* experimental HTML5 client:
* non xpra clients are rejected with a more friendly response
* libvpx 1.3 and ffmpeg 2.1.3 for OSX, MS Windows and static builds
And the usual cleanups and refactorings to make the code easier to
work on. The wiki has been updated and has quite a few new pages too:
The development for version 0.12 is about to start, and we already
have quite a few tickets queued up:
But if you have requests or killer features you would like to see
added, do let us know.
Now, for the usual links:
Direct binary downloads:
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1
Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird - http://www.enigmail.net/
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the shifter-users