[winswitch] hide window title bar of wbar in xpra

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Thu Jul 24 11:27:49 BST 2014

> Hi all,
> (sorry if my english is not good)
> I used xpra like this:
> At server: xpra start :100 --start-child=wbar
> At client: xpra attach ssh:user at hostname:100
> I want to remote wbar application from server and display it in client.
> Everything is fine. I connected wbar. But wbar has a window title bar (
> title name, minimize, maximize and close button) and I don't want to
> show it ( window title bar).
> So, can I hide it from server-side ?
This application is unmaintained since 2012:
https://code.google.com/p/wbar/downloads/list
I've just tried it and it didn't even work without xpra on my system...

Surprisingly, it did sort of work better via xpra, in that at least a
window showed up on the edge of my screen.
And it didn't have any title bar, but the application itself doesn't
seem to be doing anything.

If you do want to track this down, you should provide more information,
see here for details:
http://xpra.org/trac/wiki/ReportingBugs