[winswitch] xpra control argument

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Thu Oct 30 09:12:18 GMT 2014

On 29/10/14 08:38, John Smith wrote:
> Hi,
>
> xpra control :DISPLAY help will return 1st argument of "xpra control"
> xpra control :100 help
> "control supports: hello, help, debug, encoding, auto-refresh, quality,
> min-quality, speed, min-speed, compression, encoder, refresh,
sound-output,
> scaling, suspend, resume, name, ungrab, key, focus, client"
>
> How to get 2nd argument ? I know only a bit of it.
> xpra control :100 encoding => 2nd arg will be rgb, png, jpeg, ...
You can try:
xpra control :100 encoding help
The "help" argument is supported by some of the control options, and
others are deemed to be too obvious (ie: quality, speed, etc)
This interface is not meant to be API stable, so you will not find
anything about it in the man page.
You may find some examples in the original ticket:
http://xpra.org/trac/ticket/461