[winswitch] xorg-x11-drv-dummy and CentOS 6.6 upgrade (was xpra 0.14.10)

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Thu Oct 30 10:19:22 GMT 2014

On 29/10/14 22:57, Bob Tennent wrote:
> Now xorg-x11-drv-dummy-0.3.6-15.xpra2 seems to be blocking
> updates of the xorg-x11 packages for CentOS-6.6.
Short answer:
Should be OK now. The new 6.6 repo contains freshly built dummy packages
with a version bump for the dummy driver. So, just:
yum update

Long answer: It isn't because of the "new" dummy package, though it may
look like it.
As I mentioned before, there is an Xorg server ABI bump in most CentOS
releases, including 6.6
Whenever the new release lands on the CentOS repositories, and this is
always unannounced with CentOS (..), we have to upgrade and rebuild
everything - or at the very least the dummy driver - and push the new
repository to the download area, and of course test the whole thing.
Because I do sleep, sometimes, there will always be a delay between the
CentOS release and package delivery. Sorry about that.

Since I do not bump the release number of every single package everytime
there is an OS release update, you can force a more complete package
reinstall (which should be "better" as those packages are actually built
on CentOS 6.6):
yum clean all && yum reinstall ffmpeg-xpra libfakeXinerama libvpx-xpra
libwebp-xpra python-crypto python-lz4 python-netifaces python-pillow
python-rencode x264-xpra xpra
And more if you also install the optional accelerated OpenGL client
libraries:
yum reinstall PyOpenGL PyOpenGL-accelerate

PS: the beta repository has packages for mp3 sound support and 0.15 beta
builds