[winswitch] [xpra] screen blur if maximize windows

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Wed Sep 24 11:39:13 BST 2014

>     > 4. How I can use OpenGL option ?
>     OpenGL client rendering is enabled if your graphics card drivers
>     support it.
>     http://xpra.org/trac/wiki/ClientRendering/OpenGL
>     For the server, see:
>     https://www.xpra.org/trac/wiki/FAQ#OpenGLIssues
>     > Server: Ubuntu 12.04, xpra 0.14.7-1
>     IIRC, Ubuntu 12.04 is problematic for many things, including
>     Xdummy and
>     OpenGL...
>
> Ubuntu 14.04 is same ? I think I will upgrade my server to 14.04 if it
> is less problematic than.
Ubuntu is generally a pain to support, no matter what version you choose.
14.04 is better than 12.04, but you will still be missing Xdummy
(because of tty permission issues specific to Ubuntu) and therefore
RANDR, etc.
The global menu system is also problematic, as is the appindicator and
their shambolic APIs.
I would strongly advise you to use just about any other Linux
distribution out there.
(gnome3 also has issues, but it tends to degrade a lot better)