[winswitch] [xpra 0.15.4-1] Bugs in Firefox, Chrome and some questions

John Smith johnss1221 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 11:12:27 BST 2015

Hi,

> > I'm running xpra 0.15.4-1(r10209) for both server(Trusty) and client(
> Win 7
> > 64bit).
> > Recently using xpra, I found some bugs:
> >  1. Firefox bug:
> >   + From server: start xpra with cmd: xpra start :100
> --start-child=firefox
> > --bind-tcp=0.0.0.0:10000
> >   + From client: attach xpra with cmd: xpra attach tcp:IP:10000
> >   + Now the Firefox window is opened and focused. The maximize button
> from
> > titlebar is disabled.
> >   + Then if we make the Firefox window lost focus and refocus => The
> > maximize button is enabled now.
> Can you please file a ticket for this one?

I will :)

> >  2. Chrome bug:
> >  + Ticket: http://xpra.org/trac/ticket/771
> >  + I think this bug is reappeared at the current version.
> > And I remembered that xpra version 0.14.x could make the Chrome window
> > resize by repaint a new titlebar. So, can we have an option to repaint or
> > not the Chrome window titlebar?
> I'm not sure I understand: this ticket is about covering the taskbar
> when maximizing.
> If that's this problem has re-appeared then this ticket needs to be
> re-opened.

I have 2 problems about Chrome. First problem is about covering the taskbar
when maximizing, and yes, this problem has re-appeared.
And the second, I mentioned about xpra version 0.14.x ( I chose 0.14.13).
If running xpra version 0.14.x, I can resize the Chrome window. Because
xpra server repaint ( or add, or something like that ) a title bar at the
top of the Chrome window. This title bar is already added to the Chrome
window. It just removed after file this ticket
<http://xpra.org/trac/ticket/765>.
Sorry about my English.