[winswitch] Combine window from taskbar

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Fri Jan 30 04:03:03 GMT 2015

On 30/01/15 10:42, John Smith wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm using a client with Windows OS.
Which Windows OS?
I assume Windows 7 or later?
> Can we split related windows via xpra from taskbar instead of combine all
> of them to a button "Xpra : screen for X " ?
It should be possible and possibly not too hard to implement:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd378459(v=vs.85).aspx
In particular: "A single executable file with a UI with multiple modes
that appear to the user as separate applications should assign different
AppUserModelIDs to each mode. For instance, a portion of an application
that users see as an independent experience that they can pin to and
launch from the taskbar separately from the rest of the application
should have its own AppUserModelID, separate from the main experience."

On X11 we do have the concept of a "group leader" and we usually also
have access to the PID of the window, so we should be able to separate them.
Please file a ticket and I'll try to implement it.

Thanks