[winswitch] bug: xpra 0.15.0 for Debian has wrong paths in /etc/xpra/xpra.conf

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Tue Jun 2 20:01:55 BST 2015

On 02/06/15 17:43, Antoine Martin wrote:
> On 02/06/15 17:26, Antoine Martin wrote:
>> On 02/06/15 17:18, Dennis Schridde wrote:
>>> Hello!
>>>
>>> The xpra 0.15.0 package for Debian has wrong paths in
>>> /etc/xpra/xpra.conf.
>> Which version of Debian are you running?
(I should have been able to guess since there are no 0.15 packages for
Wheezy..)
>>> It sets:
>>> xvfb=/usr/bin/Xorg -noreset -nolisten tcp +extension GLX +extension
>>> RANDR +extension RENDER -logfile ${HOME}/.xpra/Xorg.${DISPLAY}.log
>>> -config /tags/v0.15.x/src/debian/tmp/etc/xpra/xorg.conf
>>>
>>> Correct would be:
>>> xvfb=Xorg -noreset -nolisten tcp +extension GLX +extension RANDR
>>> +extension RENDER -logfile ${HOME}/.xpra/Xorg.${DISPLAY}.log -config
>>> /etc/xpra/xorg.conf
>> How would that be more correct?
>> We try very hard to make sure that we use the correct Xorg binary,
>> not a wrapper or script. (of which there are many!)
>> The build figured out that this file was the right one to use. Is it
>> not?
> Oh, never mind - just figured it out. You are talking about the etc
> file at the end and not the Xorg binary...
> Looking at it now.
There are new 0.15.0-2 packages in the repositories for Debian Jessie
and also for Ubuntu Vivid (solving a similar vfb build issue).
(skipping rant about the never ending joys of packaging)
Thanks for reporting the problem!