[winswitch] H264 encoder missing?

Jiang Qian jiang.qian at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 07:26:03 BST 2015

Hi everyone,

This must be the dumbest question ever asked on this list, but what do
I need to do to enable h264 encoding?

I am running xpra 0.15 on both server and client, both running ubuntu
14.04 (server is 64 bit and client is 32 bit). I installed xpra on
both client and server from the xpra's official repository:
deb: http://xpra.org/ trusty main
and I assume all the necessary dependency should be met automatically.

But when I do
xpra --encoding=help ...
the only encoding I have is v8 and webp, various png and rgb. h264 is
also missing from the tray menu of GUI.

Do I need to install additional packages and configure xpra server and
client somehow to use H264 encoding?

Thanks in advance for any hints!
Regards
Jiang