[winswitch] issue with forwarding x to a lower res monitor from a virtual Xvfb

Zenny garbytrash at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 17:49:24 GMT 2015

*Apology for oversight in my previous mail:

On the xpra server:

$ Xvfb :10 -screen 0 3840x2160x24+32 -fbdir /var/tmp &
$ export DISPLAY=:10
$ xterm && leafpad &
$ XPRA_RANDR=0 xpra start --use-display :10

On the client:
$ xpra attach ssh:localhost:10 --desktop-scaling=0.5

Only disabling OpenGL allowed to render opened windows. However, other
options in the xpra menu like Encodings, Quality and Speed are greyed
out, thus cannot be changed.

On the server:

$ ffmpeg -f x11grab -s 3840x2160 -i :10 -r 24 -deadline realtimeb:v 1M
-threads 5 -qmin 0 -qmax 50 -crf 5 -preset ultrafast -f matroska
4k_screencap_xpra.mpv

The screencapture shows everything black including changes made in
the xpra attached windows except cursors movements are captured.

Any hint why the capture is not displaying the contents of the windows
other than mouse movements?

Thanks!

/z