[winswitch] issue with forwarding x to a lower res monitor from a virtual Xvfb

Zenny garbytrash at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 13:25:41 GMT 2015

Thanks again.

The only bottleneck remained is refreshing the display in the client
(not matter which encoding or quality is used).  Please note that it
is with Xvfb (not Xdummy). When display change takes place, say a
slide in libreoffice impress, only a quarter of display changes in
client running at (1920x1080), while the screecapture from the virtual
X server running in 4K is okay.

I start xpra server like:
$ XPRA_RANDR=0 xpra start --use-display :10 --sync-xvfb=50
--bind-tcp=localhost:10000

and xpra client like:
$ xpra attach tcp:localhost:10000:10 --desktop-scaling=0.5
--sync-xvfb=50 --opengl=no --encoding=jpeg --quality=85

Appreciate if there is any inputs on automatically refresh the full
screen (not just quarter of the screen) in xpra client.

Thanks,

/z