[winswitch] XPRA_PASSWORD and XPRA_ENCRYPTION_KEY ?

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Fri Apr 8 10:14:09 BST 2016

On 31/03/16 11:57, Antoine Martin wrote:
> On 30/03/16 05:47, Michael Mayer wrote:
>> Dear Antoine,
>>
>> I was just about to explore the fixes for keyboard support in #1147
>> (Thanks for this - looks good to me) when I discovered that the
>> environment variables for PASSWORD and ENCRPYTION are gone. They were
>> removed in r12099 and r11465. I can see the mention of "Legacy" and
>> "security" in the change logs...
>>
>> Before I am hacking something to get this working again - what is/was
>> the exact reasoning for removing those environment variables ?
> The code was a bit ugly and made validation harder.
This is now mostly reverted, see:
http://xpra.org/trac/ticket/1159#comment:1

The XPRA_ENCRYPTION_KEY environment variable should work as before.
The XPRA_PASSWORD environment variable will work as before for the
client, for the server you will need to use "--auth=env" (or
"--tcp-auth=env" for tcp sockets).