[winswitch] Floating point exception when trying to start application on xpra display
antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Sat Aug 20 18:00:36 BST 2016
On 20/08/16 21:26, dan l wrote:
> I have a script called /home/dan/run-calibre on the remote machine, js1, that has the following contents:
> export QT_XKB_CONFIG_ROOT=/usr/local/share/qxkb
> I have an X server running on my local machine, and can start this application without issue by doing the following on the local machine:
> DISPLAY=:0 ssh -Y dan at js1 /home/dan/run-calibre
> *That works without issue.*
> Then, I try to run this under Xpra. I start Xpra like this:
> $ xpra start :101 --daemon=no --pulseaudio=no --mdns=no
> 2016-08-20 14:15:55,462 server uuid is 6f28c125f92b4f5b94c42f8526eacb4f
> 2016-08-20 14:15:55,642 no RandR support
> ** Message: pygobject_register_sinkfunc is deprecated (GstObject)
> 2016-08-20 14:15:55,972 using notification forwarder: DBUSNotificationsForwarder(org.freedesktop.Notifications)
> 2016-08-20 14:15:55,978 xpra server version 0.15.10 (r11439)
> 2016-08-20 14:15:55,978 running with pid 11255
> 2016-08-20 14:15:56,009 xpra is ready.
> Then I try to start the application and get a Floating point exception:
> $ DISPLAY=:101 /home/dan/run-calibre
> Floating point exception
> Nothing appears in the xpra log/stdout when I do that. The xpra server continues to run, and I can start other X clients (such as xeyes) on it sucessfully.
> Any recommendations for how I can debug this?
> Some other info: * the application, calibre, is an ebook management application * the application runs OK when the X server on the local machine is Cygwin/X started with: "startxwin -- +iglx -wgl" This is the non-Xpra case (that works) that I mention above * the remote system is FreeBSD 10.3. I realize the version of Xpra on the remote system is not the latest (it is 0.15.10 r11439) but that is the latest as a FreeBSD pkg
> * the local system is Windows 10 using Xpra 0.17.4 (r12925)
Calibre runs fine here on Fedora 24, I have tested it briefly with
trunk, 0.17.x and 0.14.x.
Please try to see if you can reproduce the problem with a supported
version and if so, file a ticket with all the required details (full
version numbers, etc)
More information about the shifter-users