[winswitch] Trouble installing Xpra 0.17.5 on Ubuntu 16.04

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Thu Aug 25 06:53:58 BST 2016

On 25/08/16 12:04, Philip Loewen via shifter-users wrote:
> Thanks for this excellent software!
>
> Something strange happens when I try to update xpra on Ubuntu 16.04. My
> usual steps produce an error message that makes me think the problem is
> somewhere at winswitch.org. Is it? (If not, what should I do?) Here's
> what I see:
>

> $ sudo aptitude safe-upgrade
>   xpra
> 1 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
> Need to get 1,673 kB of archives. After unpacking 14.3 kB will be freed.
> Do you want to continue? [Y/n/?]
> Get: 1 http://winswitch.org xenial/main amd64 xpra amd64 0.17.5-r13454-1
> [1,673 kB]
> Err http://winswitch.org xenial/main amd64 xpra amd64 0.17.5-r13454-1
>   Writing more data than expected (1672748 > 1672628)
> E: Failed to fetch
> http://winswitch.org/dists/xenial/main/binary-amd64/xpra_0.17.5-r13454-1_amd64.deb:
> Writing more data than expected (1672748 > 1672628)
Sorry about that, I built the packages twice by mistake so your RPM
headers ended up pointing to the first build but the packages you
downloaded is the second set...

I am in the process of fixing this by forcing a full rebuild with a
newer release number but this will take a few hours.
Until then, you should be able to just do:
apt-get clean
apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade

For the RPM repos, that would be:
yum clean all && yum update