[winswitch] Problem to connect from Windows client

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Sat Jan 30 22:48:32 GMT 2016

On 30/01/16 11:59, ron.eggler at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm not able to connect with the Windows client to retrieve applications started with xpra. I
> have followed the instructions on https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Xpra[1] to start an
> application with a screen like:
(snip)

> 2016-01-30 10:50:31,684 server error processing new connection from
> Protocol(SocketConnection(/home/ron/.xpra/regDesktopHome-7))
> Traceback (most recent call last):
(..)
> ValueError: too many values to unpack
Ancient bug which has been fixed a long long time ago, but completely
ignored in Debian and Ubuntu. And there are dozens more like this one.

> How can I get this to work?
Don't use the broken and outdated packages from Ubuntu or Debian and it
will be fine.
http://xpra.org/trac/wiki/Packaging#DistributionPackages

With an up to date version you can just do:
xpra start --start=xterm ssh:YOURHOST:DISPLAY
(the DISPLAY part is optional on other distros too)