[winswitch] Problem to connect from Windows client

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Sat Jan 30 23:47:24 GMT 2016

(snip)
> Okay, So I went ahead and downloaded the sources for 0.16. from
> https://www.xpra.org/src/, I extracted and followed the README,
> installed all dependencies listed for Debian based oses, executed

(snip)
> In file included from /usr/include/gtk-2.0/gtk/gtk.h:234:0,
> from /usr/include/pygtk-2.0/pygtk/pygtk.h:8,
> from xpra/x11/gtk2/gdk_display_source.c:354:
> /usr/include/gtk-2.0/gtk/gtkitemfactory.h:47:1: error: function
> declaration isn’t a prototype [-Werror=strict-prototypes]
> typedef void (*GtkItemFactoryCallback) ();
> ^
> cc1: all warnings being treated as errors
> error: command 'x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc' failed with exit status 1
> Any idea how I can get this going? What am I missing?
The pygtk headers in Ubuntu and Debian are also buggy, so you will need
to apply this patch to ignore the warning:
http://xpra.org/trac/browser/xpra/tags/v0.16.x/debian/patches/no-strict-prototypes-gtkitemfactory.patch
There are a few more patches in that directory which you may need to
apply... Building on Debian / Ubuntu is such fun, not.

Or you can just use the ready-made binaries we provide:
http://xpra.org/#download

PS: Ubuntu Trusty is no longer officially supported in the 0.16 branch
because the avcodec and swscale codecs do not build. (see previous ML
posts on the subject).
Though if you only use Trusty as a server, you may be able to get by
without those. There are packages in the beta area for it.