[winswitch] [ANNOUNCE] Xpra 1.0-rc1

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Mon Nov 28 07:05:53 GMT 2016

On 28/11/16 14:02, Michael Durkin via shifter-users wrote:
> i get an odd error ... one that i think should not happen -- i already have
> cython installed ... but get errror from building it durring python
> setup.py install of xpra v1
>
> http://pastebin.com/DJrB3tMH
Your version of Cython is too old.

For reference, here's the error message:
Cythonizing xpra/codecs/enc_x264/encoder.pyx
Error compiling Cython file:
    cdef init_encoder(self, options_dict={}):
        cdef x264_param_t param
        cdef const char *preset
        preset = get_preset_names()[self.preset]
        self.tune = self.get_tune()
        x264_param_default_preset(&param, strtobytes(preset),
strtobytes(self.tune))
                                                   ^
xpra/codecs/enc_x264/encoder.pyx:527:52: Obtaining 'char const *' from
temporary Python value