[winswitch] Html5 with H264 support

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Sun Oct 2 08:20:19 BST 2016

Hi,

On 02/10/16 14:11, tzahi ml via shifter-users wrote:
> Hi All,
> Is it possible to anticipate when html5 client with 264 support will be
> available? even as a beta? (I saw some attempts in the past and that it is
> disabled due to extreme unstableness). It seems like a game changer to me
> since the bandwidth required compared to NOVNC etc... would be a lot lower
> while not loosing responsiveness. I am using NOVNC on a heavy traffic
> network.
The updated HTML5 client is the only feature blocking the current
release. The developer in charge of this effort is currently very busy
but the new code should land real soon now.
Alternatively, I could take a stab at fixing the existing code, but it
would never be quite as efficient as the new client code.
Either way, I will make an announcement once there is something
available that people can test.