[winswitch] high latency (was dpi switch..)

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Wed Oct 12 04:22:37 BST 2016

On 12/10/16 06:53, Mukul Agrawal wrote:
> This thread brings an interesting question to my mind :-
>
> If I am using the HTML5 client, therefore loosing the seamless-ness and
> all individual window benefits, then in that case is there any
> fundamental difference and/or benefit of using XPRA versus noVNC and
> vice-versa? Or should we expecting them to be same/similar, at least in
> principle?
It will be more similar because of the lack of a seamless mode, but with
some added benefits:
* sound support (being refactored)
* video encoders - much faster (new client, in progress)
* support for proxy servers, etc..
etc

> I run interactive graphical application across internet with reasonably
> fast typical household internet connections (e.g. I can stream Netflix
> on couple of devices simultaneously without any issues). XPRA python
> clients generally work very well but HTML5 client does not. noVNC also
> seems to do OK job.
The new HTML5 client code isn't ready yet, but I've been told it is as
fast as the Python client :)