[winswitch] Scrolling with mouse wheel not working

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Fri Feb 3 01:21:30 GMT 2017

On 03/02/17 04:17, Lukas Haase via shifter-users wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I use my mouse wheel, the up direction seems to be ignored, scrolling down works.
> An easy way to reproduce is to start midnight commander (mc) in xterm and go into a large directory. I can scroll down with my mouse wheel but not up.
>
> Is this some known issue or an unknown bug?
>
> In case it matters: I use xpra client 1.0 (14502) under Win 10 and xpra v1.0.1-r14734 under CentOS 5.
Are you sure that you are using the 1.x branch on CentOS 5?
I don't see how you could have installed it.

In any case, the mouse wheel is known to work on all supported
distributions, including CentOS 6.x
I suspect that there is something wrong with your setup as mouse event
handling is extremely well tested.

---

You can try running the client with "-d mouse" and you should see events
like those:
_button_action(4, ...
(4 for up and 5 for down. 6 for left and 7 for right)

The same "-d mouse" switch on the server side will show you that we are
injecting those button events into the X11 server:
xtest_fake_button(4, True) at (256, 240)

Your next step would be to run an application like "xev" to verify that
the events are seen by the X11 client applications.