[winswitch] HTML start-desktop crash

Antoine Martin antoine at nagafix.co.uk
Mon Feb 13 16:21:52 GMT 2017

> I’m sorry but I’m not receiving any of your mails in my mailbox. I have to go to the ML archives an read the answers there.
Are you subscribed to the mailing list?

(...)
> ImportError: No module named dbus
Install python-dbus or dbus-python (not sure which one) and this error
will go away.

Alternatively you may be able to workaround this error by adding
"--dbus-control=no" to your xpra server command line. (untested)

The next v1.x update will change this into a log error message:
http://xpra.org/trac/changeset/15056

(...)
> This happens with any xPra 1.X version. I tried downgrading Xpra to 0.15.10 with Ubuntu 14.04 and works like a charm. Also, try the whole same procedure in Ubuntu 16.04 and it works as expected (no errors nor warnings).
Ubuntu 16.04 must have the dbus bindings already installed.

> In the client I only have one screen (disconnected the second one and  rebooted even). I tried with other computers as clients and it’s just the same. The problem is in the xPra server.

Yes, your server log says that this is caused by the missing dbus bindings: