[winswitch] Xpra attach resolution issue

R V rajaiyer at LIVE.COM
Fri Jan 13 18:38:13 GMT 2017

Thanks Antoine

desktop-scaling option seems to do the trick. This is cool. Feels so much better.

--

AreEye

________________________________
From: R V
Sent: Friday, January 13, 2017 9:42 AM
To: shifter-users at lists.devloop.org.uk
Subject: Xpra attach resolution issue

Dear all

I have a problem with using Xpra attach. Xpra is running on a linux cluster in a different city and I am using xpra attach to view the window locally. However, I have some issues changing the resolution of the window. I have three windows

1) laptop 1366x768

2) Mon1 1280x1024

3) Mon2 1920x1080

If all the monitors are connected, the resolution is not as good.. (aka. for e.g. only 10 rows x 10 columns on full screen window). However, if I first disable the monitors and just use my laptop and then start viewing the window and then add the monitors, I am able to see much more ( eg. 15 rows x 15 columns). It is annoying that I have to disable the monitors every time I need to use this window. Is there a way out.

What I have tried the following options till now with xpra attach

--dpi=32,96

??xsettings=yes|no

??video?scaling=on|offSCALING

None of these help. Any ideas ?